PATIENT SATISFACTORY SURVEY 2014
In a change to previos methods of collecting data, each dentist was selected on a random day for questionaires to be handed out. The questionaires were handed out to every patient that attended for an appointment on the particular day.
There were questions on each questionaire relating to all parts of the service which we provide, plus an additional area for comments or suggestions.
In total 162 patients completed the questionaires
147 patients gave back positive feedback
15 patients gave back a negative comment
99% of patients said they would be happy to recommend the practice to friends or family
Positive Comments included:
* "Always friendly and helpful"
* "Always been excellent"
* "Calm and relaxing environment"
* "Never had any complaints on my visits"
* "They made me feel at ease as I had not been to a dentist for 19 years, Thank you"
* "I have in the last few months recommended most of my extended family and they are delighted"
Negative Comments included:
* "Waited too long in reception for dentist, No explanation"
* "9.40 appointment, seen at 9.50 - had a knock on effect to my next appointment of the day"
* "Email access to appointments would be beneficial"
* "Always been late, at least 15 minutes"
Other negative comments from the questionares were that
* Patients did not know if the dental nurse was kind and caring or filled it out as non-applicable.
* Patients did not know whether they had been given a relevant treatment plan.
* Patients did not know if the receptionist was welcoming and friendly.
Due to most of the negative comments being about time keeping on the part of the dentist, it was decided that if a dentist was running late, then a message would be sent to the reception staff so that they could inform the patients of the situation. A poster has also been placed in the waiting area asking patients to check with reception if they have been waiting for longer than 15 minutes.
Unfortunately unexpected problems and emergencies do crop up from time to time which do effect the smooth running of the diary.
As a practice we always welcome any feedback to assist us in improving our service
Patient Feedback can also be left about our Practice at NHS Choices or the Friends and Family websites
Please follow the links at the top of the page